Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moving Day

Well, moving day finally came, and while we may have been physically ready, we were not all emotionally ready. In the course of a week, we sold the cars, had the house packed, moved into a hotel and then, before you knew it, we were off.

We packed 11 suitcases for us to take with us on the plane. I wasn't sure they would all make it to Doha, but success! The flight was long, but the kids managed to stay entertained with in-flight TV's and movies. As for me, I think I cried during the entire flight. Such emotional goodbyes and sheer exhaustion, I'm sure, were to blame.

We landed in Doha on Thursday night, a full 24 hours from leaving hotel in Houston. We were driven straight to our new villa and the kids had a ball picking out their new rooms immediately. Right now we all have queen beds, but our king bed and the boys' twin beds will arrive in several weeks with the rest of our sea shipment.

It is now Tuesday afternoon, and for the first time here I have internet access. What a difference that has made in my disposition! For those of you who know the Kerseys, I have spoken to Susan and she is stuck at home right now, like me, having no car to get around and kids with no immediate friends! That will all change soon, I'm sure.

It is my hope to use this space to keep all our friends updated on our new life. I may not be good at this, as is my friend Jennifer, but I will do my best to entertain (well, maybe) and share. Here's to all of you that wished us well. We are here.

No comments: