Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 points to whomever can name this flag. It's flying on the building across the lagoon. My excellent Doha map says the Dominican Republic, but that's not right.







Well the kids and I have been spending much quality time together, as we still have no second car to drive. After previewing Doha traffic from the passenger seat, I may decide to never drive. It's a good thing the kids can ride the bus to school, or I would be homeschooling. And, really, that would never be a good idea (for me, that is.)



We have a small beachy lagoon, not 30 or so yards out our back gate. Scott and John have started tiny little shell collecting, great for early mornings when tide has gone back out. I believe Scott would spend all his time out there, if not for the afternoon heat. In what is a questionable decision, I let him go out by himself and check on him periodically.



Notice the big, open skies. It looks like this all the time. Clouds apparently do not exist in Doha. Just slight, dusty haze. Thankfully, allergies and asthma in children have disappeared.




3 comments:

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

That looks beautiful, So is the water Ok to swim in? That would be great having it right outside the back door.

What is the temp. like over there right now?

Jennifer said...

SPAIN.

Katie said...

It really looks beautiful there. Glad you've started a blog. Careful--very addicting.