Monday, February 22, 2010

Olympics? What Olympics?

I've seen them before. Even when we first arrived in Doha, lo those 18 months ago, the Summer Olympics were on. The commentary, when there was any, was in a completely different language, but at least there was a visual.

Apparently, since there is no winter in Doha, there is no need to broadcast the Winter Olympics. I hear they're going on right now. I hear that the USA is leading in the medal count. I hear that some of these downhill-snowboard-cross -half-pipe-slalom races are kinda fun to watch. I wouldn't know. Haven't seen any. At least recently.

But on Thursday and Friday nights at 8pm, but not always at 8pm as I learned last week, American Idol is broadcast in all its glory. And life is good.

1 comment:

Gayla Harris said...

It has been fun to watch this year. And the times are normal, not the middle of the night like we had to watch gymnastics before. Sorry you are missing all the fun. And we're supposed to have snow today in Houston.