Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What in the World?

What is "Tire Punchery?" And what is a "saloon car?" This is just an example of things that puzzle me in my daily life. I photographed this sign as I was waiting to have my tires aired up. You can't believe the wear and tear on your tires here, always driving over rocks and sand and bumps in parking lots. Really, you can't believe it until you see it.

But anyway, I wanted my tires aired, not punched.



But, on a promising note, I can read that Arabic if I stare at it long enough. I may not be able to understand what I'm reading, and I may be reading on the level of a Kindergartner just beginning to sound out words, but I can do it.

1 comment:

MacNicol Clan said...

Too funny. You would think that I would not have a language barrier but we do. I find myself learning new words every day. Now if I can just remember them! Is a saloon car a 4 door regular car? I get it confused with an estate car here. How cool that you are learning Arabic! Speak soon, G