After spending 10 whirlwind days in Houston, it was off to Mississippi. Here we celebrated John's 6th birthday. Can he really be 6? And because I was not prepared gift-wise, I simply took him to Target (oh, so fun) and let him pick out 3 presents. Legos, new nerf gun, and a new DS game. He was thrilled. Then John received the standard 6 year-old gift in the Dickerson family, his own BB gun. Fun times! Too bad I don't have a picture of that.



Then it was off to Dallas for Christmas week. I spent the week shopping with my sister and old friends, none of which live in Dallas anymore. So it was a treat to see them again. Christmas Eve at my old church and Santa at Nana and Tata's house. It wasn't home, but it was the next best thing.



Too soon, it was back to Houston for two short days and we were off again to our new home.
Jet lag really hit us hard. The kids started school on Sunday, but I had to keep John home on Monday due to lack of sleep. The poor kid fell asleep in the bathtub that morning. That was a bit of a scare. But now, everyone seems to be back to normal, except me, who still has problems sleeping all night long. That will pass quickly, I'm sure.
Are we glad to be back in our own beds? Yes. Do we still miss Texas. Yes. Here's to a fun-filled, travel-packed spring!
3 comments:
So Fun! I didn't even leave the country and I can't seem to get unpacked and all of the Christmas put away! Loved seeing John's birthday (which I completely forgot) pics and Christmas morning pics! Will talk to you soon! Can start counting down to some sunny beach spot with old friends! Love ya!
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I am so sorry we did not get to meet up. December was a crazy month for us and we are glad it is past us! Layne really enjoyed getting to see Kathryn and spending some time with her. I hope John had a wonderful birthday, it is so hard to believe he is 6!
We had 10 bags plus 2 carry ons and 3 backpacks and a partridge in a pear tree! Sounds like you had a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment